We are excited to announce the full details of the inaugural OQL Individual Championships!
The event will take place at venues around the UK on the 25th March 2023. We will aim for each venue to start around 11:30am. The cost will be £10 per person, with the exception of our Dublin venue which will cost €12. Players will have 90 minutes to answer 200 questions and at the end of the day we will crown an overall champion as well as our 8 category champions. Each venue will be provided with a fun team quiz for the afternoon but they are all welcome to provide whatever afternoon entertainment they wish.
The competition will consist of 25 questions in each of the standard 8 OQL categories with a few minor changes. All questions are being written by OQL legend, Rob Hannah and you can see the category distribution below.
Registration is now closed - however, if you would still like to participate please email us at email@example.com and we will see what we can do to accommodate you.
🎨 Art & Culture
- Visual arts (including sculpture, photography, and conceptual art)
- Literature (including theatre)
- Classical music (including opera, ballet, and non-Western classical music)
- Orchestral instruments
📹 Film & TV
- Television (including streaming services) (and anime!)
- TV and film awards
- Human geography
- Physical geography
- Language and linguistics
- Current events and news
- Food and drink
- Products and brands (including advertising and retail)
- Health and fitness (medicine brands, etc. go here but medical science goes in Science)
- Social issues (including queer theory, race theory, and feminist theory)
- Hobbies and pastimes
- Fashion and clothing
- Social media and the internet
- Newspapers and (non-pop culture) magazines
- New Age lifestyle (including alternative medicine)
- Celebrity lifestyle (including gossip)
🎶 Pop Culture
- Pop music (including rock, blues, metal, and non-Western pop music, etc.)
- Musical theatre
- Video games
- Board games (except chess) and card games
- Comic books, cartoons, and manga
- Pop culture magazines and publications
- Human anatomy and medical science
- Nature (including zoology and botany, etc.)
- Earth sciences (including geology, climatology, meteorology, etc.)
- Computer science
- Science history
- Sport (including chess)
Each category will have a nearest the bull tie-breaker and there will be an overall tie-breaker as well.